Monday, December 15, 2003

wassup. this song is months old, but it was never ready for release. it was rerecorded and rearranged tonight so here it is fresh.

an r&b track feat yours truly.

Lo-Fi
Hi-Fi

beat by: soleternity

you and you alone

Gifted Thought:
i remember feeling confused at the beginning of youth/
cuz i was given a slew of different meanings for truth/
with all we see in the news and with all the teaching in skoo's/
its like everyone gave reasons for not believing in you/
but all these meetings with you, completely opened my eyes/
made me hope for a life with the spirit growing inside/
where ya loves holding me tight, so boldly and right/
and i got you only in sight..... you and you alone....

Albee:
I doubted I didn’t believe because I lived in fear
Of committing too much of my life to one who was not here
I said id give it all but I held back a bit
My dreams my hopes my life could never be your fit

I thought the world had the answers no need to look above
Because I didn’t know how much love could love

Chorus
I know I need you but my heart is in the way
I know I love you but my feelings are delayed
You died you hurt you suffered because of me

It feels like a dream too good to be true
So I look to other things this world is what I pursued
as I live in darkness, I find there’s just too much to hide
with your strength can I show what lies inside

the only way to change is to hit my knees
save me lord from the shallowness of reality

chorus

I took you for granted always praying never knowing
What you did for me and the great love you are showing
Trust does not take a long time but a moment and a look
At the promise you made, at the death you took

Bridge:
You are my trust, my truth, my love
You are the answer
You and you alone

Chorus