Tuesday, October 29, 2002

these are excerpts from one of my favorite songs... Honest Expression

Ultimately, martial art means honestly expressing yourself...
it is easy for me to put on a show and be cocky,
or I could show you some really fancy movement...
But to express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself,
and to express myslef honestly...
Now that, my friend is very hard to do.


- Bruce Lee

I ain't the kinda guy who carry on for dough
The material cat who walk around for show
I'm just your everyday, merry way joe on the go
While others go with the flow
I ain't never been the one to follow trend, I do my own bit
Can't keep up with the joneses, I'm on my own shit


These lames run around like mice in a maze
Tryin' to get up on cheese, its just a rat race
Wanna change times' schemes to make man worship things
Over the supreme being, or stop, fill up?
Should I join the hypocrites?
Or side with the suckas by choice
It makes no difference that y'all product of environment
It's just coincidence


I ain't hardcore, I don't pack a 9 millimeter
Most of y'all gangster rappers ain't hardcore neither
Whoever get mad then I'm talkin 'bout you
Claim you fear no man but never walk without crew


Rhyme after rhyme it's the same topic
What make you think you hardcore cuz you was raised in the projects
Broke ass finally got a hundred in your pocket
Now you on the mic spittin' money's no object
What you say is bullcrap
If you wasn't with your crew and wasn't drunk off the brew
Would you still pull gats?
You need to stop frontin'
Or you're headed for self destruction


I'm talkin 'bout the one too many ignorant suckas
Lyin' on the mic to my sistas and brothas
Everytime you listen to the radio, all you hear is nonsense
They never play the bomb shit
Everything that glitters ain't gold
And every gold record don't glitter that's for damn sure


How many cats you know speak the illegit rhyme after rhyme diligent?
85 percent represent ignorant
Either you innocent or guilty
Some of my favorite emcees fell off
It damn near killed me
Lookin' at the kids that was true hip-hop
Nowadays them cats don't even do hip-hop


Seein real emcees tryin' to imitate rappers
If you ask me they goin' out ass backwards
Tradin' in respect to push a fat Lex
Puff rhymin' on the remix, what's next?


This is dedicated to you hip-hop hypocrites
Drivin wack songs like you don't give a shit
I ain't got nothin' against nobody tryin' to make a decent living
It ain't the money that's the issue
Only if that's the reason why these cats are makin' decent music
That's when I got beef with you
And I'ma break it you like never
Go ahead, call me player hater if it make you feel better

----

hip hop's becoming a way of life for me, not so much the cultural aspects but its the most genuine way i can represent myself now.

----
eh i havnt done one of these in a while^^
screw it im skipping the stupid ones

.1. full name: NVS (envious)... whoa...
.2. nicknames: newt, newty
.3. named after anyone: Isaac, Van Gogh
.12. religion.church: christianity, AMC
.29. living arrangements: dorming at umbc
.30. hobbies: lyricism... sleeping
.31. school: UMBC
.32. school colors: black and gold
.33. school mascot: retrieves (shudders)
.34. GPA: none as of yet


-:- friends -:-
.37. friends [girls]: i avoid them, or else id be crushing on all of them
.38. friends [boys]: agape brothers^^
.39.best friend: questionable.... time changes things
.48. closest: once again, time changes things...
.54. most hyper: kristina... she lives on my floor... she defines bubbly
.56. loudest: kristina once again
.57. friend you trust the most: steve khang
.58. friend you chill wit the most: all agape brothas!
.61. newest friend: too many to name...

-:- crush -:-
.62. got a GF/BF: nope
.67. crush: thankgod no one
.68. the person you wanna date: i kissed dating goodbye
.69.what do you look 4 in a guy/grl: a god centered life
.70. what do you notice when you first meet them: smile, general behavior
.71. biggest turn on: beautiful smile and voice
.72. biggest turn off: raunchiness (cussing, smoking, premescuity, etc)
.73. longest relationship: 11 months
.74. who: cat
.75. shortest relationship: 11 months
.76. who: cat

-:- first that comes to mind as a positive or favorite -:-
.80. song: Binary Star - Honest Expression
.82. car: nissan Z
.85. animal: flying squirrel
.87. tv show: the real world, its addicting
.92. word: shiznit
.96. cologne/perfume: whatever makes a girl smell good is fine by me
.99. drink: oh god i miss bubble tea
.100. store: radio shack so i can buy myself a mic

-:- future -:-
.106. job: im not sure
.107. marriage: yes, god willing of course
.108. to: TBA

-:- past -:-
.114. go back to anywhere, where would you go: begginning of high school so i could get it right
.115. least favorite memory: hahaha its posted somewhere in the depths of kp love and dating forum
.119. thing you most regret: being selfish
.120. favorite memory: everytime i encounter God

-:- have you ever -:-
.122. kissed someone: yes
.124. got D~hall: on numerous occasions
.127. betrayed a friend: to some degree yes
.128. used someone: probably...
.130. lied to your parents: yea... big ones too
.132. got lost in a store: hahaha as a kid yes
.133. got kicked out of a place: almost
.135. drove a car: OH MY GOD I MISS DRIVING
.137. broken a bone: my TOE

-:- 1st thing u think of -:-
.139. George W. Bush: kindergarten
.140. rubber: hahaha condoms
.141. wet: shower
.142. big boy: hungry man
.143. candy: too sweet
.144. boys: guys
.145. love: the most misinterpreted, misunderstood and misused emotion
.146. girls: yummy.... doh!
.150. quality time: i should study, i should do QT
.153. God: for he is good, his love endures forever
.155. pie: american
.157. grease: umbc food
.159. bubba: boboa...bubble tea....

-:- which one -:-
.163. girl/chick: girl
.166. sweet/sour: sweetandsour chicken!
.169. hot/cute: cute > hot

-:- more questions -:-
.170. biggest fear: rejecting god
.171. worst feeling in the world: realizing one's sin
.172. greatest feeling: feeling the burden of sin lifted off myself
.173. hardest thing you've ever done: ignore emotions
.175. goals: be a history maker
.176. how big is your bed: very small...dorm bed

im just wasting time hahahaha