Sunday, October 12, 2003

note to self: watch where you step newt, watch where you step. this is all familiar territory, its exactly where you dont wanna be.

----
last night i was talking with a friend, and i started to put out my thoughts on our ministry body's social interactions and the dynamics and such. i mentioned the concept of spiritual warfare, working through the our personalities to expose and exploit faults that can potentially create a rift in our unity and 'one-ness'. maybe its me being over analytical, but it seems to me that these things are taking place every day. especially since a large group of us live all within the same general vicinity here on campus, obiviously because of circumstance we are around one another more. sure we laugh more, but already this year there has been levels of discomfort and levels of growing intolerance among some of us and i pray this pattern doesnt continue. i love this body, and i thank and love God for brining me to this body. i hope it remains one in Him.

----
my own personal battles remain awfully similar to those that I have had in the past, only... it seems like things are being handled a lot better....

1. studies/lazyiness... i gotta be a good stewart in my studies
2. girls... its important i keep the mentality that each of these young ladies are my SISTERS in christ. how i interact and deal with them should reflect that.
3. turning away from temptation ... in some area's im pretty darn weak.

----
[edit pt 1, 10/16/03]
my goals for this week... (in the more physical sense)
1. rock my calc exam tomorrow
2. rock my comp sci program due wed night
3. get early start on physics (didnt happen)
4. go to a theater and watch a movie on my own (chimee once told me she does this and i've always wanted to try the same since)

----

multimedia updates:

first things first, i made a new track... sorry if my vocal volume levels are a little soft, it was hard to master the track so that everything blended and didnt have a amateurish sound to them.

peep it at my sound click.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/giftedthoughtmusic.htm

its called "may i..."
i just put out how i was feeling. not your ordinary love song though.

---
next... check this guy out...
some flip guy named jay legaspi... very soothing acoustic music.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/jaylegaspimusic.htm

personally, im feeling his two studio tracks, "try, wait" and "10 past 3" the most... its good ish. gotta show love to the underground artists ya know?

[edit pt 2, 10/16/03]




it's 10 past 3 and i'm wondering
If i'm in past over my head and i'm
filled with a lot of anxiety
i apologize in advance for
not giving you any type of warning
i hope that you won't get too mad at me

don't read too much between the lines
'cause I haven't written much this time
just want to see if i'd be fine
without you in my life

and my heart says no..

but my mind says it's possible...
-10 past 3, jay legaspi

---
lastly, check out this link.
just a couple video's of what we do on our downtime ^^

quicktime required.
http://sta.umbc.edu/orgs/agape/tym.html

----

yay for college.