Thursday, January 10, 2002

good evening everyone~
it's thursday evening.... almost friday.. but its not hehe
guess what? ive got some good news, i am literally 99% due with my college apps, i just have to write one more essay for v-tech, then submit it online, i think i may do that tonite... hehe well now that the whole app process is almost done and out of the way ill list the schools i applied to, give a lil description and also what i wrote about for the essay's

University of California (Berkley, Irvine, Davis) - As you can tell, since i applied to THREE california campuses, i really want to go there haha, berkley i really dont have a chance, but its a long shot, Irvine and Davis... its actually pretty unlikely but i have a greater chance then Berkley... for the essay, it was just a random personal statement, so i wrote about my experiences with Christian Hip Hop (BTW, california has the HARDEST APP, its pretty compicated, i did a paper app)

University of Colorado at Boulder - This school looked really nice and had a very high acceptance rate and is also a pretty decent school, so it appealed to me... i used the same essay as the california school's (this was on paper as well)

University of Virginia - this is another SUPER reach school, with my very very modest gpa... and that's putting it nicely, but it was prob one of the more challenging apps for me due to the NUMEROUS essays... i wrote about my fav word (had to make one up, ended up with speechless), i also wrote about some form of art or science that has affected me (i used a qoute by DC Talk), and lastly I had a 500 word personal statement to write, and i was sick of thinkign so i just wrote about my fav kinda girl haha, i wonder how they will take that..... ( i did this online)

University of North Carolina - This is another school that is a reach for me, plus the out of state rate is pretty low there, but oh well im giving it a shot, i wrote on a topic asking if i could start a college course, what would it be on, i said hip hop, and i also wrote about a challenging personal experience (this past summer's mission trip at Arizona) (i did this online too)

Pennsylvania State University - I have a feeling i MAY get in here but not the main campus, possibly one of the smaller ones, Im not sure if id want to go in that case, but anyhow, there was one brief essay asking for me to tell somethign about me that would make me stand out from the others, so i wrote about how i write and rap hip hop ( this was online as well)

Virginia Tech University - This app was prob the easiest of all of them, but i still have to submit it online and finish up the essay, but stil its the easiest one, I think i may get in here, and i wouldnt mind too much going there, and im still thinking as to what to write about

University of Maryland College Park - Last but not least, the home schools, I think ill get in here, if i dont... then boo for me... i really rather not go so close to home tho, but anyhow i just recycled my california essay with some minor adjustments (did it online)

University of Maryland Baltimore County - This app was fairly simple with a brief essay response, I chose to write on the quote "life is short, art is long"... (paper app)

wow... i applied to ten schools... haha if i do not get into any of them, it's only because of my GPA..... so u can get an idea as to how low it really is.... so let this be a lesson learned for all you underclass man... DO YOUR WORK! DONT SLACK OFF! and STOP PROCRASTINATING..... it killed me.... aish... hopefully ill get in somewhere.... other than maryland too..... but u know what they say.... beggars cant be choosers

hmm anyhow... what else is happening with me.... ok well as i wrote this i just decided.... im gonna start to go through some self improvements... perhaps im a week or so behind for new yrs resolutions, but better late than never right? for those of you who can, and are reading this, please keep me accountable for the following

1) follow my discipleship covenant, even though its not finished, but whatever we have put down so far
2) dont let myself slide too much second semester
3) start working out as soon as finals are over

if you have any other's for me, id very much appreciate if you honestly told me ^^

sometimes i think i make my entries too long, or at least they seem that way because the column is so thin.... but oh well haha, im not sure if this is meant more for ppl to read or more for me to just babble on and on and waist my time....

well guess what everyone...... i'm not in such a mushy lovey dovey mood so much anymore like i have been for the past month or so... haha lately i've been wanting a relationship pretty badly, and the fact that ive become attracted to some1 that seemed, i dunno so promising? i cant really explain, but it was my first real REAL attraction in a while, i mean since the beg of summer ive had the superficial, light kind of crush where im jockn some girl, cuz she's cute or cuz my hormones have nothing better to do, but it wasnt quite like that in this case.... i guess it show's in my past entries, i always sound so down or something when i talk about this stuff haha oh well.... now im not sure if its cuz i dont care as much, if the attraction is starting to fade.... or its jsut temporarily sub sided or something, but I havent been like pressed over her lately, I mean i do really enjoy her company and conversing with her and what not, but its no longer.... "crap, how do i stop thinking about her, crap stop it... newt....... stop it!... ok i think i.... DOH!" hahahaha.... i think overall this is a very good thing for me... well it is as long as one thing doesnt happen..... this fades completely and i fall for some1 else... that would suck, id much rather stay jockn this current yuj then some other random girl...... i think the best case scenario would be.... my darn testosterone calms down until college... hehe

k ill shut up now... im tired of typing....
later alligator